HALLOWEEN, ROCKTOBER 31st
"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Baron Vaughn
* Becky Donohue, from Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," "Shorties Watchin' Shorties," and "Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn."
* Pete Holmes, from "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever," and he has one of my favorite business cards
* Liam McEneaney, from "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
* Eric Kirchberger, seen on "Premium Blend" and many many many commercials. He was the Oscar Meyer Weiner guy, he was the voice of the Crispy Orange M&M, and he was an IBM astronaut.
* Rob Paravonian, rock n' roll comic. He's been seen in multiple appearances on "Premium Blend" and VH1. His albums include "Living It Down," "American Cheese," and "Playing for Drunks." Rob tours colleges all over the country.
AND OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on October 26, 2005