MONDAY, ROCKTOBER 24th
"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Baron Vaughn
* Bryan Olsen, as seen on "Chappelle's Show"
* Livia Scott, one of NY's great sketch performers, from the group Meat.
* Liam McEneaney, from "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
* Leo Allen, a writer for "Saturday Night Live" who has appeared on "Premium Blend," "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien," and a "Comedy Central Presents" 1/2 hour special.
* Judah Friedlander, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Independent Spirit Awards for his role in "American Splendor." He's also known as the Hugs Guy in the Dave Matthews Band video, "Everyday." His standup appearances include "The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno," "Last Call w/ Carson Daly," "The Late Late Show w/ Craig Kilborn," and "Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn."
AND OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on October 14, 2005