Those who want to survive among tough competition have to start developing innovations today to meet the customer demand of tomorrow. GABA's interactive panel discussion will provide insights , share expertise and elaborate on background information regarding innovative solutions designed for Germany and the US.
Topics to be discussed:
* TollCollect, the German satellite and GSM based road toll system for trucks using the German Autobahn, which generated an additional $3B in revenues for the German Government.
* Internet on Rail - RailNet converts traveling time of passengers into business time and helps railway operators to provide better services than their competitors in automotive and aviation sectors. Experience surfing the web on board an ICE train running at 200 miles per hour.
* Airline Check-in via cell phone, an easy way to get on board of your flight without having to print a boarding pass or seeing any ground hostess.
* Dynamic Application Services, a virtualized multi-tenancy approach providing SaaS Software-as-a-Service to ISVs, and helping customers like Heineken, Mitsubishi, Areva, Haniel and others to save 30% of their total cost of ownership.
* In Store Communications helps retail customers using ICT (Information and Communication Technology) to provide secure and up-to-date information on the goods you are purchasing. (Didn't you always want to know why eggs in the EU are stamped and what this is going to tell you?)
* Mobile Security helps expedite the security check-in process at airports using biometrics technologies.
* InCar Solutions for the intelligent vehicles of the future. Information can be forwarded to external parties using wireless communications and navigation systems.
Complimentary appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks will be served.
Members $10, Non-Members $20, At the door $30.
About GABA (German American Business Association):
GABA is a member-driven non-profit organization that fosters transatlantic knowledge-sharing and networking among German-American and Californian business and tech communities through an online corporate database and 20-30 annual business events. Our programs address critical business, technical and leadership issues, with specific industry programs focused on life science and IT, among others.
Added by FullCalendar on March 8, 2007