The WYSIWYG Talent Show celebrates its one year anniversary with Spawn. Of. Worst. Sex. Ever. (an Anti-Valentine?s Day celebration of cringeworthy seductions)!
Tuesday, February 15, at 7:30 p.m. at P.S. 122
150 1st Ave. at East 9th St.
Tickets: $7 -- visit the WYSIWYG site to purchase advance tickets, or call the P.S. 122 box office at 212-477-5288.
With performances by:
* Bob Powers of GirlsArePretty.com
* Chelsea Peretti (ChelseaPeretti.blogspot.com)
* Cheryl B. of The B List (theblist.blogspot.com),
* Blaise K. of Bazima.com
* Matt Kovach of ?Til the Cows Come Home (CowsintheBarn.com)
* Chris Hampton of Uffish Thoughts (Uffish.com)
* Bad Man of A Bad Man in a Bad Place (badmanbadplace.blogspot.com)
* Plus an original song written and performed by Faustus, M.D. of The Search for Love in Manhattan (SearchforLove.blogspot.com)
More info at http://wysiwygtalentshow.org
That's right, kids -- WYSIWYG is a year old, and we've decided to make our first show an annual event! In February of 2004 Performance Space 122 presented ?Worst. Sex. Ever.? -- an anti-Valentine?s Day celebration. It was a messy, spectacular event, the first all-blogger reading/performance event ever. Featuring such infamous bloggers as Choire Sicha (Gawker.com, The New York Times, The New York Observer) and Paul Ford (Ftrain.com, NPR, Harper?s), the event was a smashing sold-out success. In the wake of ?Worst. Sex. Ever.? we decided to make it a monthly event called the WYSIWYG Talent Show.
Over the course of the past year WYSIWYG?s themed monthly events have featured over 70 bloggers doing readings, comedy, performance art, music and even a ?blogs and politics? panel discussion as part of the Imagine04 Festival during the Republican National Convention in August.
Hope you can join us!
Added by apollonia_6 on February 8, 2005