Websites: A look behind the scene!
Many social networking and Web 2.0 Sites have German founders/co-founders. Amongst them are the two most successful business-related social networking platforms LinkedIn and OpenBC/Xing. Interest in Social Networking and Web 2.0 applications continues to grow. In Germany, the hype has been fuelled by the IPO of OpenBC/Xing. GABA is able to present unique insights into this next generation internet business.
Four representatives of internet companies will introduce their business and discuss the future of the industry:
* Konstatin Guericke, Co-Founder LinkedIn
* Johannes Ziegler, CEO & President miaplaza
* Tom Schulz, Co-Founder Trusted Opinion
* Ross Mayfield, CEO SocialText
The discussion will be moderated by Matthias Hohensee, correspondent for of the German weekly Wirtschaftswoche and author of the “Valley Talk,” a weekly column that is widely read in Germany.
Issues to be discussed:
* Relevance of Social Networking: Is there an internet life beyond the age of 20?
* Where’s the industry headed: One platform for all needs or many specialized networks?
* Business models: What is state of the art for social networking applications? What’s next?
* Industry: Are we heading for Bubble 2.0?
6:00 - 7:00 pm Registration/Networking
7:00 - 8:30 pm Program
8:30 - 9:30 pm Networking Reception
Complimentary appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks will be served.
Cost: Members $20, Non-Members $30, At the door $40
Added by planspark on January 3, 2007