The economy takes center stage at the 2009 SI Forum. The choices retailers make in challenging times can pave the way for our future success. Cutting costs, centralizing decisions, retrenching are common reactions. But there are also golden opportunities to invest in innovation and leapfrog the competition. When the dust finally clears, the retailers who have used this time to grow will not only survive; they will convert change into opportunity.
• Investing in innovation, to streamline as well as grow
• Long-term strategic planning around social media and Web 2.0 tools
• Technological innovations with immediate sales impact and limited upfront costs
• How to react to changing customer behavior
• Is international expansion a solution to help offset domestic challenges?
• How consumer behavior will make this economic recovery different from the past
• Disruptive business models for the Web 2.0 consumer
Official Website: http://www.shop.org/innovation09
Added by mark10gan on December 17, 2008