Bay Area Arts Unite at Seventh Annual Expo for the Artist & Musician
The Bay Area's only grassroots connection fair for independent arts, music and culture!
The Expo is an all-day extravaganza featuring more than 100 Bay Area arts organizations, free workshops, performances and hundreds of local artists and musicians. Attendees can browse tables staffed by local galleries, nonprofits, collectives and small businesses; present portfolios and music demos; and participate in seminars on marketing their art, finding grants, making a demo tape, artist's legal issues, the history and future of the arts in the Bay Area and much more.
The Expo exists to help creative people and organizations of ALL types find resources, promote themselves and connect with likeminded individuals. Admission is just $2 at the door - and no one is turned away for lack of funds.
This year the Expo features:
* TWENTY satellite workshops happening around San Francisco the week of the Expo
* The debut Expo Salon Show Sept. 11-16 - artist's reception Thursday, Sept. 14.
* Two panels examining the history and future of Bay Area art and underground culture, featuring Dr. Hal Robbins of the Church of the SubGenius, Ron Turner (Last Gasp Press), V. Vale of ReSearch, filmmaker Gordon Winiemko, 21Grand curator Sarah Lockhart and more.
* Exhibitors representing more than 100 arts organizations, service groups, galleries, studios, schools and nonprofits from every corner of the arts and music community
* Workshops, speakers, skillshares and panel discussions
* A Community Arts Showcase, featuring two stages of diverse, fresh local performers
* A hands-on Children's Activity Area
* Delicious food and an outdoor beer and wine garden.
Since 2000, the Expo has acquired a diverse and dedicated constituency, stacks of wildly enthusiastic evaluation forms, and a review from the San Francisco Chronicle that dubs us "New Utopians" working for "a better future for San Francisco."
$2 admission -- no one turned away!
About Independent Arts & Media:
Independent Arts & Media seeks to strengthen the culture of democracy through community-focused arts, media and news programs. We serve as a nonprofit umbrella agency that produces, curates, and supports new, independent outlets for news, cultural expression, civil dialog and civic participation.
Official Website: http://www.artsandmedia.net/expo/
Added by FullCalendar on September 3, 2006