Pub Nite #11: It's not cool, it's cold.
So much going on!
* TorRor (http://groups.google.com/group/torror/) was started to allow Toronto area Rails developers to talk shop in between Pub Nites. 45 members at the time of this writing, and just getting started.
* Joshua Wehner releases Elevator, an intelligent alternative to scaffolding.
* Hampton Catlin was asked to present Haml at Emerging Tech in San Diego. Jeff Hardy and Hampton will present Sass: Haml for CSS at RailsConf in Portland. Unspace welcomes Mike Ferrier and Lukas Dryja to their core team.. and finally, Ryan posts a video of his talk "All
Roads Lead to Rails" at http://unspace.ca/innovation/speak/
* Remember Steve Case, the guy that started AOL? His new startup, Revolution Health, is a huge Rails project - and their team are releasing plugins and framework patches like crazy.
* Photos from last month's pub nite are up at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leftist/sets/72157594482410527/
* Still folks contacting regularly about hiring Rails developers. I tell them to join TorRor and come to Rails Pub Nite. See someone new? They might want to hire you.
The Rails Pub Nite #12 will be Monday, March 19th!
At this point there is a core group of about twenty folks that come out regularly; we expect about fifteen heads per outing. The Rhino affectionately refers to us as "their nerds".
We often receive emails from people that wonder if they know enough about Rails to come. The answer is that if you know what Rails is, you should come. At the very least, we can answer your questions and get you even more excited.
Unspace wants to support the growing Rails community here. We feel the best opportunity for advocacy is an event where people can make
friends and have fun in an informal setting.
We welcome people who are working with other, similar technologies. If you are open minded and like to discuss how we can all create better
sites, come share a pint.
Official Website: http://unspace.ca/innovation/pubnite/
Added by davidcrow on February 15, 2007