THE PASADENA CHALK FESTIVAL, the world’s largest street painting festival, will draw nearly 600 artists from across Southern California, who will use 25,000 sticks of pastel chalk to create spectacular murals on pavement the size of two city blocks! Amazing works of art from every style imaginable, classical to contemporary, whimsical and fantastic to socially relevant, will be created and shown over the course of the weekend.
This one-of-a-kind public art event, now in its 16th year, is free-of-charge at Paseo Colorado. The most outstanding murals, as selected by the participating artists of the 2008 festival, winning jetBlue round trip tickets, along with other special awards from our sponsors, will be announced at the event’s conclusion.
THE PASADENA CHALK FESTIVAL attracts artists and design teams from many regions of the country and virtually every Los Angeles-area community. Leading art schools, museums and cultural centers are also represented at the festival. Chalk benefits the community arts programs of the Light Bringer Project, a Pasadena-based nonprofit arts organization.
WHEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 14 AND SUNDAY, JUNE 15
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Paseo Colorado located at 280 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91101 (between Marengo and Los Robles Ave.) Murals on Garfield Promenade and Upper Fountain Court
* 600 talented artists of all ages and ethnicities - professionals, non-professionals and students
* Spectacular masterpieces created on pavement throughout Paseo Colorado’s beautiful Garfield Promenade and Upper Fountain Court
* Thousands of visitors – young and old - each day
* Madonnari Bistro featuring light fare and cocktails and proceeds benefiting the Light Bringer Project
* Live music representing many cultural influences
* Small painted canvases by festival chalk artists available for viewing and purchase at the Art Gallery
Official Website: http://www.pasadenachalkfestival.com/
Added by la-underground on April 29, 2008