Since it first began more than a decade ago, Paris Photo has won recognition as the world's premier fair for still photography. This unique event offers a panorama of fine art photography from its early days to the present day, and presents a forward-looking overview of global trends and expressions available in this medium.
The 2008 edition, which brings together some one hundred galleries and publishers from around the world, will coincide with Paris Photography Month, making the City of Lights the international epicentre of art photography.
PARIS PHOTO - A FEW FIGURES
* 40,000 visitors (40 % from abroad).
* 120 exhibitors - galleries, publishers and magazines - from some 20 countries.
* Work by more than 500 international photographers.
* Media coverage with 500 stories in the most prestigious international news outlets.
* 1,000 accredited journalists from 50 countries.
Official Website: http://www.parisphoto.fr
Added by egoes on September 30, 2008