The geek nights are a way for local web developers, designers, programmers, neophiles or geeks of any other stripe to get together, chat, drink and listen to talks on new technologies and innovations.
== Keynotes ==
Our confirmed keynotes are:
* Accidental journalism: data, drugs, the Government, Timetric.com, and the Guardian, by Andrew Walkingshaw, co-founder, Inkling Software
* HTML 5 (tbc), by Bruce Lawson, Open Web Standards evangelist, Opera
== Microslots ==
These are five-minute "lightning" talks that anyone can volunteer for. They're easy to do: pick something that excites you, or a project you've worked on that you think might be of interest; then talk to a friendly audience for just five minutes with a handful of slides. Submit your microslot and we'll see you on the night!
* Dorkbot Oxford, by Mike Harris
* Don't fear the hexdump, by Glyn Kennington
* A year with Google Web Toolkit, by David Maddison
* #DigitalBritain fail, by Marcus Povey
* A story about HTML emails with a beginning, a middle and a python, by Dave Cranwell
* The Guardian Open Platform in 5 minutes, by Michael Brunton-Spall
== Microslot ideas ==
Want something explained? Someone out there must know... maybe a microslot would help! Why not submit your idea for someone else's microslot?
(OGN13 is a FREE event, sponsored by Torchbox, Guardian Open Platform, Friends of Ed and Moo.)
Official Website: http://oxford.geeknights.net/2009/jul-15th/
Added by jp.stacey on April 19, 2009