Web pages have to be written in a certain way to effectively :
• Communicate their intended message
• Prompt the desired action Studies have consistently found that web pages which follow best practice for online copywriting outperform those which don't by over 100%.
This one day workshop will present well-proven techniques to improve the quality of your online copywriting. We will work on – and discuss – examples throughout the day to demonstrate best practice.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Aimed at people involved in editing or writing copy for corporate websites, intranets or email communication.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
By the end of the day, you will be able to significantly improve the content of your web pages and explain to others how they can improve theirs. An electronic version of the course will also be made available for free download.
The course covers the 4 main areas of online copywriting:
• Legibility – making text comfortable to read from a screen
• Layout – designing text to draw attention to your key messages
• Language – ensuring your message is understood
• Logic – structuring content between different web pages, as well as on an individual page
Exercises will cover particular sub-genres of online copywriting including:
• Email newsletters
• Search engine optimisation
Added by e_consultancy on March 18, 2008