Monday, September 10th
TELL YOUR FRIENDS! RETURNS!
to the Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., corner of Allen
8:00pm - $5.00
HOST: Liam McEneaney
is a writer for "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien." His TV credits include "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "The Late Show w/ David Letterman," and his own "Comedy Central Presents: Brian Kiley" 1/2-hour special
is a writer/editor for The Onion. His new book is The Dangerous Book of Dogs, and it looks to be a real humdinger!
has appeared on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," and at the 2006 Aspen Comedy Festical (RIP). His writing has appeared in The Onion, Modern Humorist, and Esquire. I predict that Todd will be the first guy I know to get his work published in The New Yorker.
is visiting us from Ireland, where he runs the insanely popular International Comedy Club. If you remember how well our overseas visitors have done before, you'll be as excited as I am.
is a TYF! newbie, so please make her feel welcome.
And as always, our house band is A Brief View of the Hudson.
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" several times, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new showâ€”and 'workout comedy room'â€”is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
* "It's been a while since we wrote about Tell Your Friends but this weekly comedy series deserves a nod. Every Monday they belt out top notch comedy at rock bottom prices with performers who have appeared on Comedy Central, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, and more." - FreeNYC.net
* "'Tell Your Friends!' This, the well-earned title of Lolita Bar's upcoming comedy show, rings true for anyone looking for a good time and great comedy... (The comedians') collective resume spans Comedy Central, including "The Daily Show," "Premium Blend" and "Live at Gotham." They are simply some of the best club comedians in America today." - The Times Herald-Record (Upstate NY)
ABOUT OUR HOUSE BAND
A Brief View of the Hudson is a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
"Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ballâ€“size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
Official Website: http://kidliam.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on September 3, 2007