Topic of this year's forum is "NetVille in Nashville: Web services as library services." Open for all American Library Association's members. Non-members are also welcome.
Two full day preconferences provide opportunities for hand-on experiences and in-depth discussions:
- Open Source Software Installfest
- Developing Best Project Management Practices for IT Projects
Keynote sessions enrich each day's programming:
- Stephen Abram, Vice President - Innovation, Sirsi/Dynix , Web 2.0 and the Library 2.0 in Our Future;
- Thom Gillespie, Director of the MIME program at the Indiana University , Libraries and Public Internet Entertainment;
- Alan Stoker, Tracy Landino, and Steve Maer of the Country Music Hall of Fame, Save America's Treasures: Preservation of Rare Acetate and Vinyl Recording Transcriptions.
The LITA National Forum provides a wealth of opportunities for growth and development. In addition to the above programs, there are 34 concurrent sessions and 10 poster sessions planned where you're sure to find practical advice, new ideas, and tested solutions to technological issues you encounter every day. Networking opportunities throughout the Forum will provide ample opportunity for interaction with colleagues.
All Forum events will take place in the Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, in the heart of Nashville.
Fee before August 15 2006: LITA ($325), ALA ($395), Nonmember ($480). After August 15th: LITA ($375), ALA ($450), Nonmember ($530).
Preconferences are avalaible for a separate fee:
- Open Source Software Installfest (26th and 27th): LITA ($175), Non-LITA ($275).
- Developing Best Project Management Practices for IT Projects (26th and 27th): LITA ($175) Non-LITA ($275).
Official Website: http://www.lita.org/forum06
Added by ranti on July 24, 2006