In its brief history ideaCity has become a celebrated venue where interesting people say important things about the world. The next 'meeting of minds' (to be held 20, 21, 22 June 2007 in Toronto), will once again bring together some of the most fascinating and influential personalities of our time for three days of thought-provoking ideas, memorable performances, stimulating conversations and dazzling social evenings.
What makes ideaCity different from other conferences?
- The conference is not themed or oriented around any one topic, issue or business.
- There are no keynote, breakout, panel or parallel sessions. Everyone is in on the common narrative.
- Scripted speeches read from podiums are verboten.
- There are no Q&A's in the moment. Rather, we elevate schmooze to the level of art during extra long breaks between sessions; and at our legendary parties, which flow freely with outstanding food, drink and connections.
- Speakers and audience alike have described ideaCity as a transformative experience.
In an age that seems to swing wildly between wide-eyed optimism and dire pessimism, perhaps our greatest challenge is to sustain a capacity for idealism. ideaCity is one small effort to establish a forum for the high ground of ideas and idealism.
To find out more, please contact Marijke Daye at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 416.591.7400 x.2784
Official Website: http://www.ideacityonline.com/