This conference addresses issues of design for an always-on, always-connected world. Where "cyberspace" is a meaningless term because the online and offline worlds cannot be made distinct. Where physical spaces are so complex that detailed wayfinding is necessary to navigate them. Where work processes have become so involved, and so digitized, that we need new means to manage those processes.
This conference brings together people who are addressing these challenges head on. Speakers from a variety of backgrounds will discuss designing complex information spaces in the physical and virtual worlds.
* Bruce Sterling, author, designer, visionary
* Dan Hill, BBC Radio and Music Interactive, City of Sound blog
* Ed Vielmetti, Superpatron
* Paul Gould, MAYA Design
* Deborah Jacobs, City Librarian, Seattle Public Library
* Michal Migurski, Stamen, Mappr
* Jake Barton, Local Projects, StoryCorps
We plan on featuring around 14 or so speakers, so more will be lined up!
Official Website: http://iainstitute.org/events/archives/000473.php
Added by emv on June 2, 2006