he HTML 5 Communication Workshop is a highly practical, one-day workshop about HTML 5 Communication for Real-time Web applications, using Web Sockets, Server-Sent Events (SSE), PostMessage, Cross-Document Messaging, and more. Presented by Kaazing consultants, this workshop will teach you how to create next generation real-time Web 2.0 solutions, using HTML 5 Communication, which will work in today's browsers. The afternoon session is hands-on, so bring your laptop!
Registration Codes and Cool Prizes
Register before October 31st and take advantage of the early bird discount and pay just £50!
Additionally, everyone who registers will be eligible to win an iPod Touch that we will raffle of at the end of the workshop.
* 08:30-09:00 arrivals, coffee
* 09:00-09:15 Welcome, introductions
* 09:15-09:30 History of the real-time web
* 09:30-10:00 Enter HTML 5 Communication!
* 10:00-10:30 WebSocket
* 10:30-10:45 Coffee Break
* 10:45-11:00 Server-Sent Events
* 11:00-11:30 PostMessage and Cross-Document Messaging
* 11:30-12:00 Beyond WebSocket
* 12:00-13:00 Lunch
* (bring your laptop for afternoon labs)
* 13:00-13:30 WebSocket server installation
* 13:30-14:30 Server-Sent Events Broadcast scenario (Hands-on lab)
* 14:30-14:45 Coffee Break
* 14:45-15:30 WebSocket scenario (Hands-on lab)
* 15:30-16:30 Extending WebSocket and using Stomp and JMS (Hands-on lab)
* 16:25-16:30 Closing comments and raffle prize draw
Added by SkillsMatter on August 23, 2009