This course teaches the basic Test Driven Development practices including unit testing, refactoring and acceptance testing. By applying these practices, you will be able to build quality into software from the start, design and develop systems fit for purpose and write code that is easy to maintain and evolve in the future.
The is a completely hands-on course with practical workshops straight from the start, interrupted by very short presentations to explain the practices and put things into a wider perspective. It is based on the latest tools and current knowledge and ideas from the community, so you'll be practicing the state of the art.
LEARN HOW TO:
* Design and develop software driven by tests
* Protect software from unwanted changes using regression tests
* Evolve software design with refactoring and TDD
* Recognise smells in the code and clean them up
* Capture requirements and specifications as acceptance tests
* Use executable specifications to drive development
* Continuously integrate software to get quick feedback about changes
* Apply best practices and avoid pitfalls of unit and acceptance testing
* Use MBUnit, Gallio, Rhino Mocks and FIT.NET
Added by SkillsMatter on August 23, 2009