"The early period of experimentation is over.
We can see some of the things that have worked and some that have failed. Digital revenues are becoming a more material revenue line for many media companies - it is the new reality people are dealing with, though a harsh reality for some.
Where does the digital frontier lie in 2009?
What are the threats and opportunities facing the media industry in 2009 and beyond?
What lessons can be learned from the pioneers working at the digital frontier?
The FT Digital Media Conference presents a two-day programme of speakers - innovators and business leaders from the world's most influential media companies - who have been to the digital frontier and have come back with the answers."
- Jeremy Darroch, CEO, BskyB
- Jana Bennett, Director, BBC Vision
- John Ridding, CEO, Financial Times
- Tim Brooks, Managing Director, Guardian News and Media
- Blake Chandlee, European Commercial Director, Facebook
- Samir Arora, CEO and Founder, Glam Media
- Dennis Woodside, Vice President for UK, Benelux and Ireland, Google
- Kane Kramer, serial inventor and originator of Digital Audio Player
Topics for discussion:
- Traditional Media: Coping Strategies vs Winning Strategies
- Investors and Analysts: Making Money at the Digital Frontier
- New Media: Broadcasting to the Web 2.0 Audience
- Upstart Start-Ups
- Hardware and Software: Digital Partnerships
- Search and Advertising: The Invisible Hand
Official Website: http://www.ftconferenceslive.com/digitalmedia/
Added by nico_macdonald on January 2, 2009