Do your friends always tell you that you’re funny? Have you thought about stand-up but don’t know where begin? For anyone who has ever thought about trying stand-up comedy, The Manhattan Comedy School will offer a free comedy workshop at Comix, 353 West 14th Street, New York City, on Saturday, October 24th at 2 PM (1:30 check-in) (please note that space is limited) register online http://www.manhattancomedyschool.com/workshop.html.
Learn from the best! Guest speakers are:
• J.R. Havlan – Five time Emmy winning writer for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart; Performer on The Late Show with David Letterman
• Chuck Nice – Comedian seen on VH1’s Best Week Ever & MSNBC’s Morning Joe
• Tom Leopold – Seinfeld and Cheers writer
• Harlan Halper – Co-owner and Director of Programming of Comix
• Andy Engel – Manhattan Comedy School founder / Director of New Talent at Comix
• Cory Kahaney - national headliner with her own Comedy Central and HBO specials and instructor for The Manhattan Comedy School.
Attendees will receive a discount for The Manhattan Comedy School’s eight-week stand-up class that will begin on Monday, November 2nd.
This course is the city’s premier class for aspiring stand-ups, and has also helped countless professionals with their public speaking skills. The course concludes with a live graduation show at Comix, where each student will receive a complimentary broadcast quality DVD of their performance.
Official Website: http://www.manhattancomedyschool.com/workshop