St. Patrick's Day
Monday, March 17th
We will be giving away corned beef and cabbage!
HOST: Andres DuBouchet & Mike Birch
is a 5x Emmy-winning writer for "The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report"
is visiting us from LA. She's appeared on "Premium Blend" and "Comics Unleashed," in the movie "Almost Famous," and at the Montreal Comedy Festival
from VH1's "Best Week Ever" and Comedy Central's "Premium Blend"
is a comedian from Ireland!
and our special musical guest:
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" several times, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new showâ€”and 'workout comedy room'â€”is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News put it on their Hot List and called it a "Must see!"
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
* "It's been a while since we wrote about Tell Your Friends but this weekly comedy series deserves a nod. Every Monday they belt out top notch comedy at rock bottom prices with performers who have appeared on Comedy Central, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, and more." - FreeNYC.net
* "'Tell Your Friends!' This, the well-earned title of Lolita Bar's upcoming comedy show, rings true for anyone looking for a good time and great comedy at no charge.
(The comedians') collective resume spans Comedy Central, including "The Daily Show," "Premium Blend" and "Live at Gotham." They are simply some of the best club comedians in America today." - The Times Herald-Record (Upstate NY)
* "As much fun as it was seeing John Oliver enjoy rousing success two weeks ago in his first Comedy Central taping, it was even more thrilling to watch him figuratively throw out his joke book and start over again. Which is part of the allure of this weekly basement showcase. So, go on. Tell your friends about Tell Your Friends. It's back." - The Comic's Comic
Official Website: http://liamlive.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on March 5, 2008