"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Baron Vaughn
is a writer for "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien," and he has done stand-up on "Conan," "The Tonight Show," and "The Late Show w/ David Letterman."
has been seen on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," and VH1's "Best Week Ever," and a writer for "Standup Nation w/ Greg Giraldo"
St. Rev. Jen
has a column on Nerve.com. She a darling of the downtown arts scene, who was recently featured on the cover of the Village Voice's "Voice Choices" section in an article about her open mic, "The Antislam."
has been seen all over VH1. You can learn more about Seth here: http://www.villagevoice.com/nyclife/0318,zimmer,43721,15.html
is a writer for Comedy Central's "Stand Up Nation with Greg Giraldo."
AND SPECIAL MUSICAL GUEST - Ryan Star
is a touring musician who recently sold out a show at Joe's Pub. In April, he will be spearheading a tour for Alicia Keys' charity.
AND OF COURSE, OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on March 17, 2006