We already have a substantial free legal web in the UK, but it is not joined up. We have the resources and the technologies to join it up — now — for the benefit of lawyers and the community at large. Those of us who have an interest in access to the law and justice and the efficient provision of legal services have a duty to make this happen.
The time has come to build the Free Legal Web.
Date: Saturday 18 October. Provisionally 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Venue: Adelphi Room, Royal Society of Arts, 8 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6EZ
Purpose: This is the first key stage in the Free Legal Web project to progress it beyond the initial blog discussion. All attendees participate - no spectators.
If you would like to participate in the Barcamp, just signup via the comments field on the Barcamp post at the Free Legal Web site.
The agenda will be decided at the opening session on the day, but the core issues to address will be:
* Who’s who and what can they contribute?
* Data access issues — What resources are available and what are the barriers to their re-use?
* Publishing/tech issues — How can we best leverage those resources and add value?
* Editorial/UGC issues — For whom/by whom? Accuracy and authenticity? An “acceptable bargain”?
* Organisational issues — Infrastructure, funding
Official Website: http://legalweb.wordpress.com/barcamp/
Added by delineator on August 21, 2008