Tell Your Friends! is an old-fashioned comedy hootenanny, where some of the city's best writers, performers, and musicians try their newest stuff. All the material presented are gems, whether they be diamonds in the rough or something best left buried.
MONDAY, APRIL 9th
Tell Your Friends!
at the Lolita bar!
266 Broome St., at the corner of Allen
8:00pm - FREE!
Host: Victor Varnado - from "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien" & "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
Jason Trachtenberg - from the Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players
Tony Camin - as seen on "Conan," "Kimmel," "Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn," and a writer/star of The Marijuanalogues
Liam McEneaney - has been on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
Andres DuBouchet - one of NYC's premeire comedians
and TYF! newcomer Sean Murphy
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS," and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show and workout comedy room is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
* "It's been a while since we wrote about Tell Your Friends but this weekly comedy series deserves a nod. Every Monday they belt out top notch comedy at rock bottom prices with performers who have appeared on Comedy Central, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, and more." - FreeNYC.net
Official Website: http://kidliam.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on April 6, 2007