This week, we have a special Valentine's Day Show, with some fun surprises, and an audience member will have chance to win a free drink if you can impress the audience with your tales of dating woe!
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12th
Tell Your Friends!
at the Lolita bar!
266 Broome St., at the corner of Allen
8:00pm - FREE!
WITH YOUR HOST: Liam McEneaney - has been on Comedy Central's Premium Blend and VH1's Best Week Ever
Jason Reich - who is an Emmy-winning writer for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and a former Nerve dating columnist
Leo Allen - is a former Saturday Night Live writer (he created "The Falconer") and with his sketch partner had a "Comedy Central Presents" 1/2-hour special. He is trying to break your heart
Reggie Watts - so appropriately named because he's fucking electric! He's been showcased at the prestigious Montreal Comedy Festival
Jon Friedman - creator of the popular Rejection Show, a book about which is due to be released soon
Diane Langan - of the cult hit duo The O'Debra Twins
Plus, our opening act, A Brief View of the Hudson!
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" several times, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show—and 'workout comedy room'—is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
Official Website: http://kidliam.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on February 5, 2007