This workshop considers how the Internet, especially Social Media and User Generated Content (UGC), is affecting how brands and businesses get their messages across and manage their reputations.
It highlights the importance of PR skills in an increasingly networked and conversational web environment.
The course explores the online PR and social media toolbox, uses corporate and brand case studies and provides delegates with the opportunity to use online PR research, planning and online reputation monitoring tools.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
• PR professionals
• Marketing managers
• Digital and e-marketing professionals
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the scope and tools of Online PR and how it can integrate with other online and offline marketing disciplines e.g. PR, search engine optimisation, advertising, direct mail, etc
• Learn how to develop an online PR strategy
• Understand how ‘social objects’, ‘social currency’ and ‘conversationalists’ can trigger brand and corporate conversations with audiences, customers and stakeholders
• Understand PR opportunities and threats from social media and user generated content
• Monitor and measure your brand reputation online
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
• How to make your brand/ organisation/clients more visible online using Online PR tools
• How to proactively engage with stakeholders and enhance your brand reputation online
• How to audit and monitor the online environment - what is being said about your brand/ organisation/industry. Identifying ‘traditional’ media targets and other influencers and their networks
• To appreciate the risks and opportunities of social media engagement and develop strategies for reducing the risk of negative brand perception
Added by e_consultancy on March 18, 2008