WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The course is specifically aimed at marketers with existing experience of offline channels but little or no exposure to online marketing channels. You will be comfortable with the basic principles behind good marketing communications and are likely to have had 2+ years’ practical experience.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to understand:
• Key differences between offline and online
• Which online channels are key in terms of customer acquisition, conversion and retention
• Success factors for different e-communications techniques
• How online can fit into a multichannel approach and the influence of other key factors such as the design and creative process
• Ways to improve results delivered by digital marketing for the same budget
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This practical course will help you understand why online is so important, and how you can use the major channels to improve your customer communications. It will also demonstrate best practice methodology for the major channels such as email, search and advertising - using case studies to show the values that can be achieved through proper execution. The course is broken down into manageable modules most of which include either exercises or case studies for the delegates to work through.
The course will also cover:
Terminology and look at the future of the sector and what we might expect next.
Setting the Scene
• What do we mean by Digital Marketing?
• Why integration is important
• Some key terms and definitions
• Who is online?
• How do they use the internet?
• Knowing your customers - external resources
• Knowing your customers - internal data
Planning and Strategy
• What is different about planning online?
• Some planning models to build with
• Budgeting - why it is different in digital marketing
• A few legal considerations
• Why you need to identify individuals
• What data do you need to gather?
• Click-stream data - you are what you click
Website design and usability
• Setting objectives
• Planning your website - functionality, navigation and content
• Customer personas and customer journeys
• Copywriting for the web
• Usability testing - how to make sure things are working
• What's new - on-demand video, mashups, UGC
Tracking and measurement
• What can you measure and how do you measure
• What does ‘good’ look like - key metrics
• Traffic-driving - advertising, search, email, affiliates and referrals
• Web measurement - what you can track and how you can use it
Testing in Digital Marketing
• Why online is a testing paradise
• How do you test?
• What can you test?
• What can disrupt the user experience - browsers, firewalls and slow connections
• How is writing for the web different to offline?
• Costs, skills and time-scales - how to manage the creative process
• Tone of voice guidelines
• An integrated creative experience from offline to online
• Some great websites and emails to get you thinking
The Digital Marketing Toolkit
• Display Advertising – pricing, creative and optimisation
• SEO – what is it and how do you do it better?
• Paid Search – what is it and how do you do it better?
• Affiliate Marketing – what is it and how do you do it better?
• Email marketing - acquisition and retention
• Viral Marketing – why it’s hard to get right
• On-line PR – what are the secrets?
• Interactive TV – what can it do for your business?
• Mobile – acquisition and retention…anywhere!
• Other acquisition tools – gaming, blogging, podcasting
• Key considerations for digital marketers
• What will the future hold?
• How to build the dream on-line strategy
• Further reading and sites to keep an eye on.
Added by e_consultancy on March 18, 2008