Join us at our next ccSalon for an informal gathering of Creative Commons supporters, users, advocates, and friends. This will be a great way to learn about how CC is used in real-world projects, and meet others in the community who care about openness and participatory culture!
==== Theme ====
The digital intersection of art, history, and culture, and how CC can play a defining role in enriching all three.
==== Presenters ====
* Francesco Spagnolo, Director of Research and Collections, The Magnes Museum in Berkeley. Francesco will explore the sharing and marketing of cultural heritage through the lenses of the Magnes' “Digital Narratives,” a project that seeks an alignment between a narrative approach to history, a collaborative practice in the interpretation of cultural history, and the uses of technology and online social media.
* Dave Toole, CEO and Founder, Outhink Media will present on how storytelling bridges the cultural and business arenas, outlining the challenges posed by the new social media and the crucial role played by research in information technology.
* Nancy Van House, Professor, UC Berkeley School of Information, will respond to the other presenters by reflecting on the way in which academia is looking at social media and personal/historical digital archiving, exploring the human interactions that populate the online world.
==== Other info ====
* Light refreshments will be served.
* Donations for CC will be taken at the door.
* Plenty of street parking is available at PariSoMa.
* PariSoMa is located up two steep flights of stairs, and unfortunately does not have wheelchair access at this time.
Official Website: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/San_Francisco_Salon
Added by creativecommons on May 15, 2009