Despite its importance to our economic future, innovation has largely been overlooked since the credit crunch and is being largely ignored in the UK General Election.
As a remedy, the R&D Society and the authors of BIG POTATOES: The London Manifesto for Innovation, in association with Epoch, have together organised this eve-of-election event to ask
What are the real barriers to making transformational innovations today?
How is innovation best managed?
What should business, government and the third sector do to change things?
The confirmed speakers are:
· Steven Cousins, managing director, Axon Automotive Ltd
· Eliot Forster, CEO, Solace Pharmaceuticals
· Norman Lewis, Chief Innovation Officer, Open-Knowledge (and BIG POTATOES co-author)
· Munira Mirza, advisor for arts and culture to the Mayor of London
· Stefan Stern, management columnist, Financial Times
· James Wilsdon, Director of the Science Policy Centre, The Royal Society
You can mark yourself as attending here, but please do book at http://bigpotatoeselection.eventbrite.com/ to ensure a place.
Official Website: http://bigpotatoeselection.eventbrite.com/
Added by R and D Society on April 23, 2010