* Opening Day Parade
Main Street Comes Alive For The 2006 Annual Fair Parade. On Saturday, June 24th - Bay Area Backroad's own Doug McConnell will lead helium balloons, colorful floats, marching bands, and more than 80 parade entries through Downtown Pleasanton. The Parade will start at Amador Valley High School at 11:00 AM and wind its way through Main St, down Rose Ave, and onto the Fairgrounds.
With 10,000 spectators expected, this years Parade offers more than ever before. Some of the highlights include:
- Classic Cars
- A record 10 bands including the Los Gatos Monte Sereno Pipes and Drums
- Oversized Helium Balloons
- Star Wars Storm Troopers
- Oakland Police Department Motorcycle Drill Team
- Pirates of Emerson Haunted Pirate Ship
- Dozens of equestrians - all being judged by the California Horseman's Association
* Daily Live Entertainment
(Free with Fair admission. No reserved seats - first come, first served. Shows at 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM)
June/23 Tracy Lawrence
June/24 Craig Chaquico
June/25 Los Tiranos del Norte
June/26 Bowling For Soup
June/27 Tea Leaf Green
June/28 Rita Moreno
June/29 Steven Curtis Chapman
June/30 Mark Curry
July/01 Pablo Cruise
July/02 Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
July/03 KC & The Sunshine Band
July/04 Red White & Blues Festival (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
July/05 Pat Boone
July/06 Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
July/07 Smash Mouth
July/08 The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards
July/09 Miranda Lambert
* Special Event Highlights
- Operation Postcard. Last year the patrons of Alameda County signed over 100 yards of giant postcards that were sent to troops overseas. Send your support and a kind word to the fighting troops on our 3rd Annual Operation Postcard.
- Budweiser Clydesdales - July 2nd & 3rd. Come see the magnificent horses, handlers, Budweiser Wagon, and dalmation in person. Two days only!
- Wienerschnitzel Wiener Dog Nationals. Regional qualifying event. The winner takes home $250 and a trip to the Nationals in San Diego.
- The Barnyard. New this year: Miniature Donkey and Minature Angus show.
- Technology Adventures. Hosted in the Technology Building (located near Green Gate), this year's highlights to be announced soon.
- The Faire Affair. This wonderful charity event is held at the Alameda County Fairgrounds the night before the official opening of the 2006 Fair (June 22nd). Presented by the Mulberry Branch of the Children's Hospital Oakland. The event benefits the Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland; Where No Child Is Turned Away!
* Fair Hours
Monday thru Thursday: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday thru Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
3rd of July: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
4th of July: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
No fireworks on July 4th
* Carnival Hours
Monday thru Thursday: 12:00 PM to Midnight
Friday thru Sunday: 11:00 AM to Midnight
4th of July: 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Official Website: http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/fair/
Added by i4strtsweepr on June 15, 2006