In this 2-day introductory Agile Web Development course, you will learn the basics of the Castle Framework and develop a solid understanding of its benefits. Over the course of the two days, you will create your own simple but complete web application using agile Web development practices such as Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, Aspect Oriented Programming, Object/Relational Mapping and applying the Model-View-Controller pattern.
LEARN HOW TO:
* Apply agile web development practices like MVC and dependency injection
* Use ActiveRecord to manage the object-relational mapping and the database layer
* Use the Monorail MVC engine to create web applications that are easy to maintain and test
* Explain the basics of Monorail views, layouts, rescues
* Use the NVelocity view engine to build web UIs for Monorail
* Apply Windsor Microkernel to configure and wire application components
* Unit test the data access layer with Castle
* Unit test web controllers
* Describe how Castle components come together to help us develop web applications easier
* Explain why this approach is much more effective than ASP.NET
* Apply best practices, common pitfalls, and tips and tricks for Castle Web development
For full course details, please go to:
The next course will be delivered at Skills Matter - London, on 02 Feb 2009 by Gojko Adzic. Gojko is also the author of this course.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you are a Java developer moving to .NET, or a current .NET developer who wants to learn how to use Castle Project for web development, then this course is for you!
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
This Agile Web Development course will give you a balance of hands-on lab time and information-rich lectures so that you can best absorb the fundamentals.
Added by SkillsMatter on October 24, 2008