Join Women 2.0 as the finalists of the Women 2. 0 Napkin Business Challenge throw their very best pitches at the judging panel of seasoned entrepreneurs, female executives, and venture capitalists. As an audience member, your vote will factor into the decision of who will walk away with the top prizes of $1000 each and 30 minute meetings with Tim Draper of Draper Fisher Jurvetson or Michael Moritz of Sequoia Capital.
Cost: $20 general admission, free for bloggers (Register now!)
The 5 companies presenting on April 25th are:
- Laser Seal: Exploits ground-breaking interaction between light physics and cell molecular biology to reduce cost and improve quality of surgical wound closure.
- QT Star:Video monetization and intermediary ad service company in China and the United States.
- YouStyleMe: Online fashion community where men and women who have particular style needs can connect with other consumers who are style-savvy in a fun and engaging way.
- Olight: Cutting-edge OLED technology to lighting designs.
- FindYourScene: A community website where people can find “their crowd” and post, discover, and rate social events.
Meet the judges:
- Alka Gupta (consumer media companies, Advisor & Board Member)
- Carol Sands (The Angels Forum, Managing Member & Founder)
- David Feinleib (Mohr Davidow Ventures, General Partner)
- David Stern (Clearstone Venture Partners, General Partner)
- Lara Druyan (Allegis Capital, General Partner)
- Marleen McDaniel (Women.com, Former CEO)
- Shannon McClenaghan (JimmyJane, President)
- Sharon Vosmek (Astia (formerly Women's Technology Cluster), COO)
- Susan Mason (Onset Ventures, General Partner)
- Tami Zhu (AOL, New Ventures, Executive Director)
- Tim Chang (Norwest Venture Partners, Principal)
- Venky Ganesan (Globespan Venture Partners, Managing Director)
TeXTra, the online new show hosted by Natali Del Conte, will be on the scene to cover this event, as well as bub.blicio.us and Justin.tv! DJ Diane will be spinning and there will be give-aways all night. This is a Pitch Night NOT to miss!
Get your tickets now!
A special thanks to our sponsors: GOOGLE | AOL | SPOCK | LIVE365 | JIMMYJANE | ONSET VENTURES | DRAPER FISHER JURVESTON | TRINITY VENTURE PARTNERS | MOHR DAVIDOW VENTURES | WOMEN'S TECHNOLOGY CLUSTER | El DORADO VENTURES | THE ANGELS' FORUM, LLC | EXQUISITE SAFARIS | INTUIT | VIBE CAPITAL | MOHR DAVIDOW VENTURES | GLOBESPAN CAPITAL PARTNERS | CLEARSTONE VENTURE PARTNERS | SIBBY'S CUPCAKERY
Check the Women 2.0 website at www.women2.org for events to meet like-minded individuals or join our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Website: http://www.women2.org
Added by thisgirlangie on February 9, 2007